MORENTZ is a company involved in the purchase, sale, and rental of (furniture) design. We make use of personal data for our services. We work together with other companies or organisations for this purpose. We consider it very important to handle your personal data in a meticulous manner. MORENTZ processes and secures your personal data with care and observes privacy legislation in this respect.
We want to use this privacy statement to inform you about what precisely we do with your personal and why. We also want to inform you about what you can expect from us and which rights you have.
Personal data processed by us
MORENTZ processes your personal data when you use our services and/or when you provide these data yourself. An overview of examples of personal data we process has been set out below:
- First and last name;
- Address, postcode, city;
- Date of birth, place of birth, nationality;
- Telephone number and similar data required for communication;
- Email address;
- IP address;
- Payment details;
- Location details;
- Demographic details such as information about lifestyle and needs;
- Marketing preferences;
- Data about your activities on our website;
- Data about your browsing habits across different websites (for example, because this company is part of an advertising network);
- List with contact details of the customer through an app;
- Internet browser and device type;
- Financial data (bank account number, debts, invoices);
- VAT number;
- Other personal data you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on our website, in correspondence, and by phone.
Processed special and/or sensitive personal data
We do not process any special and/or sensitive personal data.
MORENTZ will only process the data necessary to implement the agreement and provide the services, to meet a possible statutory obligation, or based on its legitimate interests. If you, or third parties, do not provide certain data about you to us, this may lead to the inability to implement the agreement or to provide the services. If you have provided data of third parties to us, we assume that you will inform them about the processing of their data by MORENTZ and refer to this privacy statement.
Purpose of and grounds for our processing of personal data
MORENTZ processes your personal data in the context of its business operations and for the following purposes, which list is not exhaustive:
- Provision of the services or products requested by you;
- Sending our newsletter;
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary to provide our services;
- To inform you about changes to our services and products;
- To enable you to create an account;
- MORENTZ analyses your behaviour on the website to be able to improve it, and to tailor our range of products and services to your preferences;
- MORENTZ tracks your browsing behaviour across different websites to enable us to tailor our products and services to your needs;
- MORTENZ also processes personal data if we are required to do so by law, such as data needed for our tax returns;
- To process your payments;
- Mediation in the conclusion of insurances;
- Claims handling;
- Investigating damage events or complaints related to insurance policies or the services;
- Advice in the field of restoration or other repair work;
- Customer satisfaction surveys;
- Internal reporting, statistical analysis, selling products and services of MORENTZ, and improving products and services;
- Offers for other products that may be of interest to you;
- Compliance with legal obligations.
MORTENZ bases its processing activities on the following grounds:
- To implement the agreement: In the context of our services and the conclusion of agreement, we collect and use the personal data necessary to make an offer, to conclude an agreement, and to implement the agreement. Statutory obligation: The processing of data may be necessary to comply with statutory obligations.
- Legitimate interest: The collection and use of certain personal data is required to pursue our corporate interests and for our business operations. Examples are commercial purposes such as making offers for products or services that may be relevant to you, or in relation to market surveys to improve our products and services.
- Permission: MORENTZ processes data based on your permission when we process special or sensitive data. You always have the right to refuse or revoke your permission. In this case, the agreement can potentially not be implemented or the services can potentially not be provided.
We have tried to give you an overview of the personal data we process (or have processed) for your benefit which is as accurate as possible, including the purposes and statutory grounds. However, we realise that it is impossible to ensure this overview is complete and contains all details. Partially because of the fact that other yet unforeseen purposes may become relevant that require the processing of personal data in the future. However, we want to emphasise that we will continue to handle your personal data meticulously and carefully in these cases.
Accuracy of data
We rely on the accuracy of the data in our possession for the proper implementation of the agreement or the proper provision of services. Please inform us if your data change.
Retention period of personal data
MORENTZ will not keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary in order to achieve the goals for which your data are collected. As a rule, we will keep your personal data in accordance with the fiscal retention period of at least 7 years, unless a longer retention period of your personal data is required or designated based on laws, other regulations, or legitimate interests.
Sharing personal data with third parties
MORENTZ will share your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary to implement the agreement, in relation to the services, based on a legitimate interest and/or to comply with a possible statutory obligation. In this context, we can provide data to the following non-exhaustive list of parties:
- Insurers and intermediaries if necessary to take out insurances and provide our services;
- Expertise firms and research firms for work in case of damage and required reports;
- Government bodies if necessary for MORENTZ to meet its statutory obligations;
- Third parties in case work is outsourced. This work will be carried out under the responsibility of MORENTZ in accordance with our security standards and based on our instructions;
- Legal experts or lawyers for advice or in relation with legal proceedings;
- Legal successors in case of the sale of our services to another organisation or the acquisition or sale of (a part of) MORENTZ. If personal data are shared in this case, the data will continue to be used in accordance with this statement.
Processing outside of the EU
MORENTZ is a global organisation with company processes, management structures, and technical systems across geographical borders. Considering the global nature of the services provided by MORENTZ, personal data can be transmitted to and used, stored, and otherwise processed in other countries than the country in which the data were obtained. MORENTZ will always ensure an adequate level of security by means of default agreements drawn up by the EU or a permit.
MORENTZ will use your personal data for direct marketing for other services and produces we believe could be of interest to you. We will always give you the option of informing us that you no longer want us to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If MORENTZ contacts you by email for marketing purposes, we will need your permission for this in advance.
Used cookies or similar technologies
MORENTZ only uses technical and functional cookies. MORENTZ also uses analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer, tablet, or smartphone when you visit the website for the first time. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They make sure that the website works properly and remember your preferred settings, for example. They also allow us to optimise our website. You can opt out of cookies by configuring your Internet browser not to accept cookies. You can also remove previously stored information from your browser settings.
Accessing, changing, or removing data
You have the right to access, correct, or remove your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your permission for the data processing or to object against the processing of your personal data by MORENTZ. In addition, you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to receive a computer file of the personal data about you in our possession, or a request to send this file to another organisation of your choice. You can send a request for access, correction, removal, or data portability of your personal data, or a request to revoke your permission, as well as any objections to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your identification document to enable us to verify that you submitted the request. Black out your photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number, and civil service number (CSN) in this copy. This serves to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, at the latest within four weeks. We would also appreciate it if you could inform us of any complaints you may have about the processing of your personal data by MORENTZ. Please contact us in this case. This allows us to look for a solution together. You have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
Security of personal data security
MORENTZ is committed to the protection of your personal data and takes the appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorised alteration. The IT company engaged by us has also taken adequate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security which corresponds to the risks for the rights and freedoms of persons. If you get the impression that your data are not secured properly, or if there is evidence of abuse, please contact email@example.com.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0416 650140.