Set of Eight Italian Dining Chairs with Brass Feet
When buying or delivering an item within the EU, VAT usually applies and will be added.
Studio architects BBPR (attributed), set of eight chairs, pink to red faux leather, metal, brass, Italy, 1950s
This set of eight chairs with varnished metal rod structure have strong features of Studio BBPR's designs, and therefore is attributed to the studio. The chairs features an architectural metal construction. The frame is finished with brass feet, which adds a beautiful detail.
BBPR was an architectural partnership founded in Milan in 1932 by Gianluigi Banfi (1910-1945), Lodovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso (1909-2004), Enrico Peressutti (1908-1976) and Ernesto Nathan Rogers (1909-1969). BBPR was thus an acronym formed from the first letters of their family names. The partnership was founded in opposition to Fascism and their purpose was to develop a style that had no references to contemporary politics. During the Second World War, they all joined the resistance. However, Rogers, a Jew, fled to Swiss and both Belgiojoso and Banfi were deported to the Mauthausen concentration camp, where Banfi died in 1945. After the war, the others returned to Milan and continued to spread their ideas further. Especially during the 1950s, they created many of their great projects. With their designs, they strongly reacted against the International style by enriching their buildings with medieval references.
Please note that we advise reupholstery before use. This can be done before shipping by our experienced craftsman in our own in-house restoration atelier. With high attention for the original, they make sure every piece retains its value and is ready for the many years to come.
VAT within the EU: When buying or delivering an item within the EU, VAT usually applies and will be added.